Stop! Just because that jar of honey in your cupboard looks like gold sugar doesn’t mean it has gone bad. Crystalized honey isn’t spoiled and is actually quite common among most types and brands. Continue reading
There is a type of pool for everyone, every space and every purpose. Thanks to advances in construction and more available materials, traditional in-ground pools can take on about any look. Whether you opt to DIY with an above-ground kit or hire a pool company to install an inground style, safety is key.
Unfortunately, this hub of fun family activity can be deadly if left unchecked and unguarded. That’s why it’s important for every owner to educate himself or herself about water safety and maintain a safe pool environment. Furthermore, owners need to ensure family, friends, neighbors, and guests not only know, but follow, pool rules.
According to the American Red Cross, there are a few rules that apply to every pool owner. Continue reading
Generally, the best time to prune most trees is when they’re leafless in winter. But as you know, with each rule of thumb, there are exceptions.
Read on to learn more about spring tree pruning.
- Reflect– Take time to see things from the side of the road. Between the kids, grandkids, shopping, cooking, traveling, cleaning, the job, the commercialism….sit down. Breathe. Consider what you have, what you have lived, what you have been given. 99% of the emphasis for Christmas has nothing to do with Christmas.
- Track Santa–Santa Tracker Official NORAD Santa Santa Update
- Go Caroling– Have a blast singing in and around your local neighborhoods thru your local church or organization. https://www.meetup.com/topics/christmas-caroling/
- Leave Christmas Cards & a Gift Anonymously. If you know of someone spending Christmas alone or maybe a family struggling to make ends meet during the holidays, drop of a food basket and a card. Even a little can mean a lot. You can also do this thru local Churches, charities or food banks.
- Open One Present. Just a small one from someone you are with.
- Christmas Music. Turn up the tunes! Tonight is the night for your favorite winter melodies. Manheim Steamroller Pentatonix A Little Bit of Everything
- Call Someone. Let the ones you love who are distant from you know they are thought of tonight.
- Cookies & Hot Cocoa. And don’t forget to leave a little for Santa and his posse.
- Make Time For Christ This Christmas. Whether at a local Christmas eve service or even re reading the story of His birth Luke 2 v1-20
- Get To Bed Early! You’ve got a big day tomorrow!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Check Our our article “Fall Garden Preparation”
You see a flower pot, I see a bean pot.
Cast iron cookware is often misunderstood in it’s purpose and misused in application. It is intimidating in weight, care and maintenance vs the much lighter off the shelf and into the dishwasher stainless and stickfree options. The truth is, cast iron is very versatile will outlive most owners with just nominal care, but it needs to maintain it’s seasoning, that layer of oil that keeps the surface smooth and protected. Without it, food burns, sticks and builds up and the inevitable begins-rust.
I won’t blind you with science, there are a lot of methods to restore rusted, flea market, discarded, scrap pile cast iron. Soaking in vinegar, treating with molasses, exposure to extreme heat and lye. The method I’ll cover here, using electrolysis is a simple method that isn’t labor intensive yet very effective. Continue reading